The Tentamus Group GmbH, based in Berlin, has formed an international team of experts to check your product labels: Tentamus Labelling – Declaration Review & Support.
The manufacturers inform about their products on food packaging. What must appear on packaging is regulated by law.
- The name of the food must describe the product clearly and objectively so that everyone understands which food it is.
- The list of ingredients informs about the contained ingredients. They must be listed in descending order of weight. Even the 14 most relevant allergens are always labelled in the list of ingredients.
- The filling quantity indicates the quantity of the product contained by number of pieces, weight in grams (g) or kilograms (kg) or, in the case of liquids, as volume in millilitres (ml) or litres (l).
- Packaged foods must have a best-before date or, in microbiological terms, a date of consumption for perishable foods such as minced meat.
- If the consumer has any questions for the responsible company, the name and address of the manufacturer, packer or seller must be stated on the packaging.
- The lot number allows the exact batch of goods with which the product was produced, manufactured and packaged to be identified. This is particularly important for product recalls.
- Nutrition labelling is carried out in the form of a table. It shows the calorific value and at least the quantity of the three main nutrients carbohydrates, protein and fat per 100 g or 100 ml. Up to now, nutrition labelling has been compulsory, for example, if special nutritional properties, e.g. “low-fat”, are advertised or if the food in question is a dietary food. The mandatory nutrition labelling shall include the following information: calorific value and the amounts of fat, saturated fats, carbohydrates, sugar, protein and salt per 100 g or 100 ml.
A detailed analysis of the labelling is essential, as accurate information is required and must be respected. Tentamus Declaration’s services in labelling analysis combine accurate testing with documentation. This gives you additional security when it comes to the quality of your products.
Tentamus Labelling helps you in Europe, the USA and China.
Learn more about it:
Dr. Yvonne Pfeifer