Our E-Commerce Services are aimed at all companies and retailers who would like to sell or already sell their products, such as food, food supplements or cosmetics in online shops.
Tentamus E-Commerce Services cover three major key areas: Cold Chain Validation, Online Labelling Testing and Mystery Shopping.
We would like to explain these areas in more detail here:
1. Validation of the cold chain
Online retailers in particular need to ensure that the cold chain of your products remains intact from dispatch to your customers’ doorstep to guarantee the safety of the products.
How can the Tentamus Group support you in this? We ensure:
- A successful start to the online dispatch of chilled and frozen food with a secure cold chain.
- The validation of your cold chain according to DIN SPEC 91360
- The optimisation of your cold chain and thus cost savings and expansion of your customer base
- The simulation of different ambient temperatures and worst-case scenarios
Learn more about cold chain validation in our blog:
2. Online Label Checks
In addition to flawless analytical results, products must also be correctly labelled on the internet. This not only counts in terms of legal compliance, but also forms the basis for the consumer’s choice of product.
The Tentamus Group has put together a labelling team that not only takes care of the correct labelling of your products offline, but also checks the information in your online shop or on platforms such as Amazon, Alibaba and Co.
Tentamus E-Commerce Service offers you the following services for e-commerce, among others:
- Declaration according to FIC regulation such as allergen labelling, nutrition declaration, list of ingredients etc.
- Inspection of product images
- Organic certification
- Additives according to the Ordinance on the Authorisation of Additives
- Country-specific regulations based on the European Directive on Food Supplements
- Claims according to the Health Claims Regulation
3. Mystery Shopping
How are your products received by your customers? Are the general conditions such as packaging or quality right and is the necessary refrigeration maintained? We can answer these questions with our Mystery Shopping service.
If you book this service, we will carry out one (or more) unannounced, covert and objective checks on your food and evaluate it according to defined quality criteria. In addition, our experienced team will also make sure that all the information on the product is correct and complete.
Afterwards, we send you our evaluation and also go through possible improvement options with you. We also create individual test plans tailored to your products in order to optimise your delivery process.
More and more consumers are using delivery services, as this allows the customer to save time and the walk to the supermarket or restaurant. To ensure that the entire process from ordering to delivery is carried out correctly in terms of food safety, there are a number of points that must be observed:
Anyone who wants to sell food on the Internet must provide their customers, in accordance with Article 14 of the FIC on distance selling, with the same information content before buying the product as they would receive in stationary retail.
Furthermore, it is important to maintain the correct temperature of food. Refrigerated food must arrive cool at the customer. Warm foods, on the other hand, should also arrive warm at the customer‘s door.
Validation of Cold Chain
- Assurance of optimal delivery of safe & high quality goods
- Simulation of worst-case scenarios in the laboratory
- Validation of delivery routes to maintain the correct temperature
- Additives according to the Additive Authorization Ordinance
- Declaration according to FIC (EU No. 1169/ 2011 (e.g. allergens & nutritional values)
- Declaration according to Food Supplements Regulation
- Inspection of product images
- Labeling requirements according to Organic Regulation (EU) No. 834/2007
- Verification of claims according to
- Health Claims Regulation
- Development of individual test plan
- Objective & covert checks
- Verification of the ordering process & the delivered goods incl. temperatures
- International checks on the regulations that apply in the various countries
- Verification of all information on the packaging for legal conformity
- Verification of health claims, Nutri- Score, Eco-Score
Analysis & Consulting Services for Q-Commerce
Companies offering a delivery service also need an HACCP concept, regular drinking water analyses and safe products.
We support you in all areas of your delivery service: From raw materials, to suppliers, to the products themselves and storage.
The Tentamus Group is your competent partner and will support you to ensure that your products reach your customers safely!
- Auditing with regard to hygiene requirements, also with suppliers & distributers
- Online audits for continuous monitoring of your online presence
- Chemical analysis
- Drinking water analysis
- Microbiological testing
- Residue analysis
- Sensory analysis
- Verification of marketability, best-before dates, nutritional values, etc.
Trainings & Seminars
- Company-specific self-monitoring systems
- Basics of microbiology
- General & basic food hygiene training according to §43, para. 4 Infection Protection Act
- HACCP training
- Personnel & operational hygiene (equipment, production, environment hygiene)
- System training e.g. on beef labeling,
- Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), Quality and Safety (QS), organic/ organic regulations etc.
- Training on sampling procedures