Training, Auditing, Hygiene & Consulting
The Tentamus Academy was created to bundle the increasing number of topics in the group of Tentamus. Tentamus has also provided consulting services, internal audits, training and seminars from the individual consulting organizations and laboratories.
The aim is now to provide our customers with a compact and practice-oriented way of combining our knowledge. No matter whether it is about topics such as food fraud, quality and food safety systems such as IFS Food/BRC, cause analyses or internal auditor courses according to DIN EN ISO 19011, we are happy to pass on our knowledge and experience to you.Our trainers/consultants and auditors have many years of experience and a broad spectrum of knowledge. In addition, some of them have been officially certified trainers and auditors at IFS or BRC for many years.
Get in touch with Beate Heidorn-Thoß for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of COVID-19-related course cancellations, these are offered online.
Training & Seminars
Knowledge transfer on the subjects of foodstuffs hygiene and food law.
Experts from Tentamus respond to the specific needs of your business and provide practice-oriented training and seminars to the subjects of your desire – in your office or in our seminar rooms.
Our instructors are academically trained in a food-specific field (e.g. food technologists, ecotrophologists, engineers for hygiene and nutrition technology) and typically possess many years of professional experience. This enables us to impart extensive hands-on knowledge in the field of food hygiene and food law as well as a lot of related areas in the form of seminars and trainings.
We carry out trainings and seminars in the following fields:
- General and basic food hygiene
- Basics of microbiology
- Personnel hygiene and company hygiene (production, equipment and building hygiene)
- Company specific self-control systems
- Instructions in accordance with Paragraph 43 Sentence 4 of the Law on the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases
- Trainings in the procedure of sampling
- HACCP training
- Training of internal auditors
- System training, e.g. for beef labelling, Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), Quality & Security (Qualität & Sicherheit, QS), Organic/Eco Regulation etc.
Audits & Hygiene Testing
Review of Compliance with “Good Manufacturing Practice” (GMP)
Execution of hygiene audits and inspection of internal self-control systems in the different areas of responsibility within the food industry are core tasks of the department for Hygiene & Quality Assurance.
The focus of the auditing process lies on personnel and production hygiene, as well as on the entire surroundings and existing equipment, along with the adherence to government regulations. Dialogue and consultation with the audited business’ staff has top priority. Therefore, all results are summarised and reported with special hygiene software developed by Tentamus for further optimisation of the hygienic status. Audit reports feature a consistent layout including an action plan and pictures that enables you to compare results of the hygiene audit with previous visits. Trend analyses can be compiled out of multiple reports and serve as a reference for the verification of the quality management system.
On January 1st2006, Regulation (EC) No. 852/2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs replaced the up to that point valid national foodstuffs hygiene statute (foodstuffs hygiene regulation, LMHV). It is valid for the commercial manufacture, treatment or distribution of foodstuffs.
The basis for the consulting and inspection activities is the compliance with Article 5 Reg. (EC) No. 852/2004. Here the legislator laid down and specified that every food business operator that runs a production, processing or distribution stage of foodstuffs has to establish, execute and maintain one or several permanent procedures that are based on HACCP principles and ensure consumer health protection.
Precondition for the Chemical and Microbiological Testing of Foodstuffs, Drinking Water, and Tobacco Products.
For the execution of orders our qualified employees of the Hygiene & Quality Assurance department take a multitude of different samples on your site, or alternatively, by sample pick-ups provided by you.
Collection of samples includes upon request the provision of packaging and shipping materials.
Sampling focuses mainly on:
- Food samples for microbiological examination according to the self-checking system and to comply with the demands of Reg. (EC) No. 2073/2005.
- Fruit and vegetable samples for residue testing*
- Drinking water samples for examination according to the drinking water regulation
- Samples for determination of the microbial count of surfaces in order to survey cleaning and disinfection activities
- Samples for the determination of the count of airborne microbes
* This service is not covered by the scope of the accreditation.