Tentamus Group is a global product and safety firm with a core presence in Europe, Israel, China, Japan and North America. Tentamus tests and consults on products involving the human body with strong focus on food, nutraceuticals and cosmetics. Tentamus is represented in over 72 locations worldwide with more than 3,500 highly trained staff members.
AFL – Analytical Food Laboratories (A Tentamus Company) is an independent, commercial, food testing laboratory dedicated to food safety and committed to quality challenges throughout the supply chain. We perform microbiological and chemistry analyses on environmental, raw material, and finished product samples submitted by food companies’ industry wide.
AFL is seeking a strong:
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas (USA)
Your Primary Responsibilities:
Responsible for assessing organizational performance and execution of laboratory operations for all testing-related services. Collaborates and interacts with other departments such as BD, HR, accounting, and IT to establish and create efficient and effective processes.
- Execute all daily operations in the laboratories.
- Ensure laboratory execution is in-compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements, including but not limited to A2LA (Biological and Chemical): ISO/IEC 17025, USDA Accredited Laboratory, check sample programs, and ISO accredited for chemistry analyses and mandatory nutritional analyses.
- Ensure all laboratories’ day-to-day operations are consistent and in adherence with AFL’s SOP’s for all microbiological, USP, product quality, analytical and nutritional label testing.
- Ensure customer-service is a top priority in the laboratories’ daily operations.
- Ensure all customer samples are processed in accordance with the specified methods and within expected turn-around-times.
- Proactively communicate laboratory and customer concerns to the leadership team, including but not limited to quality assurance concerns, execution challenges, equipment or facility needs, etc.
- Interact regularly with individual department heads to ensure company’s operational priorities are aligned completely with company direction.
- Provide inspiration to all departments and instill a strong desire to be successful through an environment of open communication of ideas and teamwork.
- Instill a work environment open to partnerships in resolving problems or concerns. Increase employee relations within and across departments.
- Hire, train, engage, empower, and develop all laboratory team members in accordance with AFL’s standard of operations, including interviewing, orientation, position specific training, performance reviews, career development, method quarterly training, succession planning etc.
Your Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry or a related science discipline
- 3-4 years of laboratory experience
- Non-degreed candidates with extensive laboratory experience may be considered
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary + performance-based bonus
- Comprehensive and low-cost benefits package
- Industry stability
- Company that is growing
- Relaxed and focused atmosphere